We have decided to suspend manuscript submissions for the time being. We have every intention of taking submissions in the future but are currently reworking our approach to make the process increase the probability of manuscript acceptance.
Story Grid Publishing is driven by the merit of the work as opposed to money or status. Our submission process is purposefully rigorous in order to create a system that gives every writer a level playing field.
For more information, watch the below video and in-depth conversations with our founder, Shawn Coyne.
At Story Grid Publishing, every author has to submit their book for consideration using the same process. There are no exceptions.
To submit your manuscript for publication, you must have the following documents:
- The complete manuscript.
- The Story Grid (see Part 8 of The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know which outlines how to create a Story Grid for your manuscript).
- Story Grid Spreadsheet – all 13 columns filled out for all scenes in the manuscript (see Part 6 of The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know which outlines how to create a Story Grid Spreadsheet for your manuscript).
- Editor’s Six Core Questions answered (see Chapters 28-35 of The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know which outlines the Editor’s Six Core Questions).
- Story Grid Global Foolscap completely filled out (see Part 7 of The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know which outlines how to create a Foolscap Global Story Grid for your manuscript).
- Genre Positioning Statement (300-500 words outlining the genre you chose for your book — see Part 2 of The Story Grid: What Good Editors Know — and three to five masterworks in your genre that inspired your work).
Have a question we didn’t answer here? Send an email to [email protected].