Join Shawn Coyne for a 3-day deep dive into writing a Big Idea nonfiction book.
This seminar is for writers looking to apply the Story Grid methodology to level up your next nonfiction work.
Using Malcolm Gladwell’s Tipping Point, Shawn will walk you through how to use the Story Grid tools and principles to write a solid nonfiction book based on your style.
During this seminar, you will learn:
- Fundamental understanding of the nonfiction landscape.
- Big Idea step-by-step micro process to move from zero
words written to “the end.”
- Four silo genre classifications for nonfiction.
- How Story Grid is an indispensable tool for nonfiction.
- The repeating patterns in Big Idea nonfiction.
- The essential elements, the global value/s at stake, the subtextual controlling idea, and the critical necessity for an overarching story.
- How one satisfies the expectations of Big Idea readers.
- How to carve that massive problem into micro-puzzle slices, which can be solved one at a time.
- How to devise The Foolscap Global Story Grid for Big Idea nonfiction and the Story Grid Spreadsheet for Big Idea nonfiction.
- The Story Grid procedural method to create a work of Big Idea nonfiction.
- After refreshing the systematic tools necessary to unpack a masterwork (Story Grid Foolscap page, Story Grid Spreadsheet) and then combining those two tools into a Story Grid, Shawn will teach an exhaustive analysis of Malcolm Gladwell’s The Tipping Point.
- How one could use The Tipping Point as inspiration to create an
original Big Idea book.
- The procedure Shawn and his co-author Mark McLaughlin used to create their book, Cognitive Dominance: A Brain Surgeon’s Quest to Out-Think Fear (Publishing October 2019).
- The step by step process from Big Idea to published book using
Cognitive Dominance as a case study.
Along with this, there will be ample Q&A opportunities with Shawn Coyne.
Additional resources will include:
- A copy of the books The Story Grid, Cognitive Dominance, and The Tipping Point
- The Foolscap Global Story Grid and Story Grid Spreadsheet for Cognitive Dominance and The Tipping Point
- The entire seminar will be professionally recorded and available online for no extra cost for all participants within 3 months.
We want to make sure everyone that comes is a perfect fit for the program. Fill out the application below to let us know you are interested.
[wufoo username=”tgrahl” formhash=”p1lir4a519bnia5″ autoresize=”true” height=”3000″ header=”hide” ssl=”false”]