Are you a fan of the Indiana Jones movies? Do you love action-packed adventures, exotic locations, and historical or archaeological themes? If so, you might be interested in reading some books that share similar elements. In this article, we’ll recommend 15 books that are like Indiana Jones, so you can explore more thrilling stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
START WITH THIS BOOK
"An astounding epic novel of J.R.R. Tolkien proportions!" — Steven Pressfield, Bestselling author of Gates of Fire and The War of ArtBUY FROM AMAZON BUY FROM US
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown – This international bestseller features a complex mystery involving a secret society, the Catholic Church, and a search for the Holy Grail, as Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon finds himself on a thrilling quest that takes him to historic locations across Europe.
- The Lost City of Z by David Grann – This non-fiction book tells the true story of explorer Percy Fawcett’s search for a lost city in the Amazonian jungle, and the mysterious disappearance of Fawcett and his team. It’s a thrilling tale of adventure, danger, and mystery.
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas – This classic novel tells the story of Edmond Dantès, a man wrongly imprisoned for years who escapes and seeks revenge against those who wronged him. It’s a thrilling tale of betrayal, redemption, and adventure.
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson – This classic adventure novel follows young Jim Hawkins and his search for buried treasure on a remote island, while battling pirates and mutineers. It’s a timeless story of adventure, courage, and danger.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain – This classic coming-of-age story follows the mischievous young Tom Sawyer and his adventures in the fictional town of St. Petersburg, Missouri. It’s a charming and humorous tale of childhood adventure.
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas – This classic swashbuckling adventure follows young d’Artagnan, who joins the legendary Musketeers of the Guard and gets caught up in a plot to overthrow the French King. It’s a thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and sword-fighting.
- King Solomon’s Mines by H. Rider Haggard – This adventure novel follows a group of explorers searching for a lost African treasure, encountering dangerous wildlife and hostile tribes along the way. It’s a thrilling and exotic tale of adventure.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne – This early science fiction novel follows a scientist and his nephew who journey to the center of the Earth, encountering strange creatures and natural wonders along the way. It’s a thrilling and imaginative tale of adventure and discovery.
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne – This classic adventure novel follows Englishman Phileas Fogg, who makes a bet that he can travel around the world in 80 days, encountering various obstacles and adventures along the way. It’s a charming and exciting tale of adventure and exploration.
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett – This classic detective novel follows private investigator Sam Spade, who gets drawn into a web of deceit and murder while searching for a valuable statue. It’s a thrilling and suspenseful tale of crime and investigation.
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle – This collection of short stories features the iconic detective Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Watson, as they solve various cases in Victorian England. It’s a thrilling and classic tale of detective work and mystery.
- The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum – This thrilling novel follows a man who wakes up with amnesia and discovers he is being pursued by
- The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy – This military thriller follows a Soviet submarine captain who attempts to defect to the United States with a revolutionary new submarine, leading to a high-stakes chase across the Atlantic. It’s a gripping and suspenseful tale of international intrigue and espionage.
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton – This sci-fi thriller follows a theme park filled with genetically engineered dinosaurs, which breaks down and leaves a group of visitors fighting for their lives. It’s a thrilling and action-packed tale of science gone wrong.
- The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton – This sci-fi thriller follows a team of scientists trying to contain and understand a deadly extraterrestrial virus that has landed in Arizona. It’s a gripping and suspenseful tale of science and danger.
Each of these 15 books shares similarities with the Indiana Jones movies, including action-packed plots, exotic locations, and historical or archaeological elements. Whether you’re a fan of adventure, mystery, science fiction, or classic literature, there’s something on this list for everyone. So why not pick up one of these books and immerse yourself in a thrilling and unforgettable story?
Share this Article:
🟢 Twitter — 🔵 Facebook — 🔴 Pinterest
Sign up below and we'll immediately send you a coupon code to get any Story Grid title - print, ebook or audiobook - for free.(Browse all the Story Grid titles)